We have completed our tryouts for the 2021-2022 school year. Please check back in spring of 2022 for information about trying out for the 2022-2023 team.
Auditions typically consist of:
- Tryout Routine
- 4-eight counts each of jazz, pom, and hip hop plus 4-eight counts of your own choreography. The routine will be taught at the tryout clinics. Your individual choreography can be any style and should highlight your strengths.
- High Kicks (right and left)
- Outside pirouettes on both the right and left:
- Triple and more are optional
- Leaps (right, left, and center)
- Toe Touch
- Splits (right, left, and center)
- Up to 3 additional skills of choice:
- These are what you want to highlight to the judges. Examples include but are not limited to: fouettes/a la seconde turns, turning leaps, switch leaps, jumps, tumbling, hip hop tricks (head springs, kips, etc.), leg holds, tilts, turning/jumping combinations, etc.